Ingredients:30ml of Donegal Rapeseed Oil with Fennel (Gold Range)
1 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
300g risotto rice
1 litre of vegetable stock
100g crab meat, picked for shell
100g frozen peas
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
80g parmesan cheese, finely grated
Donegal Rapeseed Oil with fennel to drizzle
- Put the stock on the stove to boil. Put the 30ml fennel oil into a wide bottomed pan, add the onion and garlic and cook over a low heat for approx 6-8 minutes until softened without any colour.
- Now add the rice and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Turn up the heat and add your first ladle of hot stock. Turn the heat down to a simmer, stirring all the time.
- Once the first ladle of stock has been fully absorbed, add another ladle of hot stock and keep stirring until the stock is absorbed.
- Keep repeating this process until the rice is just cooked.
- If you run out of stock before the rice is cooked, use some boiling water.
- Add the crab meat and frozen peas and cook for a further 30 seconds. Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper. Add the grated parmesan and butter.
- Serve in bowls and drizzle with a little more fennel oil.