Ingredients:60ml low-fat milk
2 tbsp lemon juice
260ml warm water
4 tbsp Donegal Rapeseed Oil
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
400g rice flour ( or equal parts rice flour and potato starch)
2.5 tsp oat bran
1.5 tsp salt
3 tbsp sugar
2 tsp ground cardamom
2.25 tsp fast action dried yeast
220g dried candied fruit, plus 30g to decorate
1. Whisk together the milk and lemon juice and allow to sit for two minutes. Beat toegther the water, eggs, oil, vinegar and milk mixture, in a seperate bowl, combine the flour, oat bran, salt, sugar, cardamom and yeast.
2. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and beat well for at least 5 minutes.
3. Stir in the fruit and our the mixture into a large lightly-oiled bowl. Allow the dough to rise for one hour.
4. Preheat the oven to 190C/170C fan/ gas mark 5 and lightly grease a loaf tin. Pour the batter into the tin and scatter over the remaining dried fruit.
5. Bake for 45-60 minutes, until the bread is firm and pulling away from the edges of the tin.
6. Cool for at least 10 minutes before slicing.