Ingredients:125g wholemeal plain flour
5 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp baking powder
Zest and juice of a lime
150g soft brown sugar
175ml Donegal Rapeseed Oil
2 medium eggs, lightly beaten
1 tbsp golden syrup
50ml semi-skimmed milk
25g icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees celsius/gas mark 3. Lightly grease a 16cm square cake tin and line with baking parchment.
- Mix together the oatmeal, flour, ginger, baking powder and lime zest and stir in the sugar.
- Place the oil, eggs, syrup and milk into a small bowl and lightly whisk.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour and then pour in the oil mixture and gently fold in.
- Pour into the cake tin and bake for 45-50 minutes or until the cake feels firm. Test with a skewer to be sure, the skewer should come out clean.
- Allow to cool slightly in the tin before turning out onto a cooking rack.
- Once cooked, mix together the icing sugar with lime juice to form a glace icing. Drizzle the icing over the cake and finish with extra lime zest.
- Cut into slices and serve.