Ingredients:150g beef thinly sliced - flank , rump, sirloin, fillet or any other cut of steak suitable for stir frying
For the Marinade:
• 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
• 2 teaspoons Chinese rice wine (or dry sherry)
• 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch or potato flour
• 1 tablespoon Donegal Rapeseed Oil
• 200g broccoli broken into bite size florets
• 1 small onion ( sliced )
• 1 tablespoon Chinese fermented black beans
• 2 cloves garlic
• 2 large slices ginger
• 4 tablespoons Donegal Rapeseed Oil (for stir frying, or as needed)
• 1/2 cup chicken stock (or broth or water)
• Heat the wok over medium-high to high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of oil. Wait until the oil is hot and then add the beef. Brown briefly.
• Then stir fry until it changes colour and is about 80 percent cooked. Remove the beef from the wok on to a plate and set aside.
• Add 2 tablespoons of oil. When the oil is hot, add the ginger and the garlic and black bean mixture. Stir fry briefly. Add the onion. Stir fry for about 3 minutes, and then add the broccoli . Stir fry for another minute
• Pour in the chicken of vegetable broth and heat to boiling. (If you don’t have chicken broth or stock, just use water.)
• Add the beef back into the pan. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for a few more minutes.
• Taste and season with salt, pepper or light soy sauce, and thicken with potato flour and water mixture.
• Serve hot with rice and sprinkle crispy onion if desired.