Ingredients:• 450g (1lb) lean minced pork
• 1 onion, very finely chopped
• 1 egg, lightly beaten
• 50g (2oz) fresh white breadcrumbs
• 1 red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
• 1 tsp garam masala
• 5cm (2in) piece of root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
• 4 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
• 1 tbsp Donegal Rapeseed Oil
• 2 tbsp mild curry paste
• 200g (7oz) canned or fresh tomatoes, chopped
• 250ml (9fl oz) carton Thai Gold coconut cream
• 1 tbsp lemon juice
• 25g (1oz) toasted flaked almonds
• sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
• steamed fragrant Thai jasmine
• rice, to serve
1: Preheat the oven to 220°C (425°F/gas mark 7).
2: Place the minced pork in a bowl with the onion, egg, breadcrumbs, chilli, garam masala, half of the ginger and half of the coriander.
3: Season to taste and mix well to combine, then shape into 12 small balls approximately 2.5cm (1in) in diameter. Put the meatballs in a large roasting tin, drizzle over the oil and toss gently. Place in the oven for about 10 minutes, until lightly golden.
4: While the meatballs are cooking, make the sauce. Heat a frying pan over a medium heat and add the curry paste and the remaining ginger. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly, then add the tomatoes and continue to cook for 2–3 minutes. Add the coconut cream and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
5: Pour the sauce over the meatballs and quickly mix well to combine.
6: Return to the oven for another 10 minutes, until the meatballs are cooked through and the sauce has reduced and thickened slightly.
7: Just before serving, stir in the lemon juice and arrange on plates with the rice. Scatter over the rest of the coriander and the almonds to serve