Yields: 2 Servings Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 15 Mins Cook Time: 35 Mins Total Time: 50 Mins
Recipe by Chef Kwanghi Chan.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat and fry the ginger and black garlic paste for 2 mins.
- Add the diced beef, onions & then the curry paste, sizzle for a few seconds, then pour in stock and bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer and place in an oven at 180°C for 35 minutes until the beef is tender.
- Stir in a little of the stock if needed, add the lime leaves and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the spinach, coconut milk and bring to the boil. Season with a dash of soy sauce if needed.
- Cut steamed broccoli to size to fit in the steamer and steam for 4 minutes until tender but still have a bite on the stem. Take out and drizzle in a light soy sauce dressing.
- Spoon the rice into a bowl or plates and spoon the beef curry on top into four separate bowls and top with the steamed broccoli, chilli, ginger and a few extra Thai basil leaves.