Yields: 4 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 15 Mins Total Time: 25 Mins
Recipe by Donegal Rapeseed Oil.
- Heat a large saucepan and dry-fry the cumin seeds and chilli flakes for 1 min, or until they start to jump around the pan and release their aromas.
- Scoop out about half of the seeds with a spoon and set aside.
- Add the Donegal Rapeseed Oil, carrots, lentils, stock and milk to the pan and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 15 mins until the lentils have swollen and softened.
- Whizz the soup with a stick blender or in a food processor until smooth (or leave it chunky if you prefer).
- Season to taste and finish with a dollop of yogurt and a sprinkling of the reserved toasted spices.
- Serve with warmed naan breads.