Yields: 8 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 1 Hr Total Time: 1 Hr 10 Mins
Recipe by Chef Neven Maguire.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan set over a medium heat, then saute the onions, garlic and herbs for 10 minutes, until soft and lightly golden. Season to taste.
- Layer the sweet potatoes in a large baking dish with the onions and celeriac. Season each layer as you go and finish with an attractive overlapping layer of the sweet potatoes. Pour over the stock and top with knobs of butter.
- Rub some foil with oil and place it over the dish, oil side down, and seal tightly. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes, then remove the foil and press the potatoes down with a fish slice. Scatter over the breadcrumbs and bake for another 15-20 minutes, until golden.
- To Serve: Serve at once or leave to cool completely before covering and storing in the fridge until needed.