Yields: 10 Servings Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 1 Hr 30 Mins Cook Time: 30 Mins Total Time: 2 Hr
Recipe by Chef Neven Maguire.
- Mix together the flour, yeast and a quarter teaspoon of the salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre and pour in the tepid water and five tablespoons of Donegal Rapeseed Oil. Mix well.
- Turn the dough out onto a clean surface and knead for 10 minutes, until smooth and elastic. Place in an oiled bowl, cover with oiled clingfilm and leave to rise in a warm place for about one hour, until doubled in size.
- Turn the dough back out onto a clean surface and knock it back, then knead for another two to three minutes and roll out to a large rectangle about 1cm (½in) thick. Place in an oiled, lined baking tin that is 27.5cm x 18cm (11inx 7in) and at least 4cm (1½in) deep. Cover with oiled clingfilm. Leave to rise again for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F/gas mark 7.
- Punch holes in the risen dough with your fingers. Stick rosemary sprigs in each hole and scatter over the remaining one teaspoon of salt. Drizzle with the remaining one tablespoon of Donegal Rapeseed Oil and bake for about 30 minutes, until risen, cooked through and golden brown. Leave in the tin for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool. Arrange the oven-dried cherry tomatoes on top and scatter over the olives and basil leaves, then drizzle with a little oil to keep the crust softened.
- To serve, transfer the focaccia to a breadboard and cut into chunks.