Yields: 6 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 10 Mins Total Time: 20 Mins
Recipe by Donegal Rapeseed Oil.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into roughly 1cm slices. Cut each slice into thick chips and rinse under cold water to remove excess starch. Pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Heat a deep saucepan half full of Donegal Rapeseed Oil to 130C. It’s important to use a cooking thermometer and check the temperature regularly. Alternatively, use a deep-fat fryer heated to 130C.
- Using a large metal, spoon, gently lower half the chips into the hot oil and stir carefully. Fry for ten minutes, or until cooked through but not browned.
- Remove the chips from the pan and set aside to drain on plenty of kitchen paper. Repeat the process with the remaining chips.
- When ready to serve, reheat the oil to 190C. With the spoon, lower all the par-cooked chips gently into the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until crisp and golden-brown. Remove from the pan and drain on kitchen paper.
- Put into a serving dish and sprinkle with salt and vinegar to serve.