Yields: 6 Servings Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 15 Mins Total Time: 25 Mins
Recipe by Griffin’s of Dripsey.
- Heat half of the oil in a heavy based pot, add onion, celery, carrots and sauté until tender. Then turn the heat down and sauté, adding flour and stirring continuously.
- In a separate pot, warm the milk, and add to the veg pot a little at a time, stirring continuously to make sure it does not stick to the bottom of the pot.
- Add the rest of the milk and fish stock and slowly bring to the boil. Cube the cod, salmon, lice the calamari in small rings and add all to the pot. Add 3/4 of the chopped herbs, stir and remove from the heat and let it stand for 5 minutes.
- In a pestal and mortar, mix the garlic, remaining herbs and oil and spread the paste every over the bread, bake in the oven at 150°C for 10 minutes until crisp.
- Check to see the fish in the chowder is cooked through and serve in bowls with the hot crouté on top.