Yields: 4 Servings Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 15 Mins Cook Time: 20 Mins Total Time: 35 Mins
Recipe by Chef Neven Maguire.
- Preheat the oven 200C/400F/Gas 6. Melt the butter in a small pan or in the microwave and leave to cool.
- Place the bread in a food processor or liquidiser and whiz to fine crumbs. Tip into a bowl and stir the cooled butter, herbs, orange rind and nutmeg and mix well to combine.
- Arrange the butternut squash slices in four groups on a baking sheet and place the cod fillets on top, skin-side down and brush over the egg yolk.
- Divide the flavoured crumbs on top of the cod fillets and then spread them out, pressing them down firmly to stick.
- Arrange the tomato vines around the crusted cod fillets and drizzle each one with a little of the oil. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the cod is cooked through and the crumbs are crisp and golden, and the tomatoes have softened and are lightly charred.
- Cut the crusted cod fillets into small bite-sized pieces and serve with some of the roasted butternut squash. For adults, use a fish slice to transfer the crusted cod fillets and butternut squash slices on to warmed serving plates. Add a vine of the roasted cherry tomatoes to each plate and enjoy.