Yields: 4 Servings Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 20 Mins Total Time: 30 Mins
Recipe by Chef Neven Maguire.
- Finely grate the rind from the orange into a bowl and then squeeze in the juice.
- Whisk in the oil, mustard and rosemary. Season to taste and pour into a shallow non-metallic dish.
- Using a small, sharp knife, score the fat and rind of the pork chops, then add to the marinade, turning to coat.
- Cover with clingfilm and set aside for at least 10 minutes, or up to 24 hours in the fridge is great, to allow the flavours to penetrate the meat.
- When you are ready to cook, preheat the oven to 220°C (425°F/gas mark 7). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Shake off the excess marinade from the pork and place the chops on the lined baking sheet.
- Cut the apple into slices and arrange 3 slices on each cutlet. Scatter over the oregano and then brush with melted butter.
- Roast for 20 minutes, until the pork is cooked through and tender and the apple is golden. Remove from the heat and leave to rest for a couple of minutes.
- To serve, arrange the pork cutlets with roasted apple on warmed serving plates with the jacket potatoes. Have a bowl of steamed greens to hand around separately.