Yields: 4 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 15 Mins Total Time: 25 Mins
Recipe by Chef Neven Maguire.
- Season the sea bass fillets with salt and pepper, then slash the skin of each one three times.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of the Donegal Rapeseed Oil. Add the sea bass fillets to the pan, skin side down, and cook for 5 minutes, until the skin is crispy and golden, pressing down gently with a fish slice if the fillets begin to curl at the edges. The fish will almost be cooked at this point, so just turn it over and cook for 1 minute more. Transfer to a plate and keep warm. You will have to cook the fish in two batches to cook it correctly.
- Wipe out the frying pan, then return it to the heat and add the remaining tablespoon of oil. Add the ginger, garlic and chilli and stir-fry for 2 minutes, until golden.
- Remove from the heat and add the spring onions and soy sauce, swirling to combine.
- To serve, place the sea bass fillets on plates and spoon over the ginger and chilli dressing from the pan. Add a small mound of rice to each plate and scatter over the micro coriander.