Yields: 2 Servings Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 15 Mins Cook Time: 15 Mins Total Time: 30 Mins
Recipe by www.thymetoeat.ie.
- Dice up the pepper and courgette.
- Gently heat the Donegal Rapeseed Oil infused with Garlic on a medium to high heat in a large frying pan/skillet. Add the courgette and pepper and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Add all the dry spices and continue to cook for a further two minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add in the tin of chopped tomatoes, the tomato purée, the sugar and the water. Lower the temperature to a simmering heat and allow the mixture to reduce and thicken for about ten minutes. Taste and season at this point too with some of the fresh coriander, salt and pepper.
- One by one, make little wells in the mixture with a spoon and crack an egg into each one.
- Leave the mixture for about 10-15 minutes depending on how you like your eggs. 10 minutes will give you nice runny yolks.
- Sprinkle the rest of the fresh coriander over the Shakshuka and serve with some ciabatta or sourdough bread to mop up the tasty sauce.