Ingredients:3 dried shiitake mushrooms, soaked in 2 cups hot water for 20 minutes
2 tablespoons of donegal rapeseed oil
4 spring onions, cut into ½ cm slices
2 cloves garlic, minced
50g cured Chinese-style ham (or substitute Italian cured ham)
1 small carrot, cut into ½ cm pieces
2 tbsp bamboo shoots, cut into ½ cm pieces
10g green peas
30g cooked chicken thigh, cut into ½ cm pieces
4 small raw prawns and diced in bitesize cubes
about 1 tsp salt, to season
3 eggs, lightly beaten
300g day-old cooked Jasmine rice, preferably cooked in chicken stock
· Soak 3 dried shiitake mushrooms in hot water for 20 mins. Remove stems & cut the caps into ½ cm pieces.
· Heat wok over high heat and add half the oil.
· Fry spring onion and garlic for 30 secs & add mushroom, carrot, bamboo shoot & fry for 1 min.
· Add chicken thigh, peas, prawns, season with a little salt.
· Toss until the vegetable are softened & prawns barely cooked. Remove from wok & set aside.
· Return wok to the heat & add remaining oil.
· Add the egg & stir vigorously to break it apart.
· When egg is nearly set, add the rice & toss well to coat with the pieces of egg.
· Season generously with salt. Return the fried ingredients back to the wok and toss to mix well.