Chicken, Couscous and Rocket Salad with Fresh Citrusy Orange
Cooking Time: 30 mins
- Chicken Fillet
- Stock Cube
- Red Chilli
- Donegal Rapeseed Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
1. Preheat the oven to 22o°C.
2. Heat some Donegal Rapeseed Oil in a small pan and season the chicken fillet with salt & pepper. Add the chicken to the pan and fry for two minutes on each side. Then transfer to the oven and roast for 10-12 minutes, or until cooked through and the juices run clear.
3. While the chicken is in the oven, dissolve the stock cube in about 100ml of boiling water per person. Add the couscous into a bowl. Then pour the boiling stock into the couscous. There should be about twice as much liquid as couscous. Cover the bowl with cling film and allow to stand for 5 minutes.
4. Chop the chilli and discard the seeds. Chop the fresh coriander. Cut the lime into wedges. Add the chopped chilli, coriander and some lime juice to the couscous and mix through.
5. Remove the skin from the orange and cut it into segments.
6. Place the cooked chicken, rocket, orange and couscous in a large bowl and mix together. Add the Donegal Rapeseed Oil and balsamic vinegar dressing to taste.