Yields: 10 Servings Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 15 Mins Cook Time: 45 Mins Total Time: 1 Hr
Recipe by Home Bird Food.
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6, 200°C (400°F). Oil a pyrex loaf tin using the Donegal Rapeseed Oil with Garlic.
- Mix the flour, bread soda, seeds, cheese and salt together in a bowl.
- Mix the egg with the buttermilk then mix into the flour. Add a little more buttermilk if the mixture is dry – the dough should be soft and sticky to touch.
- Pour the mixture into the oiled loaf tin and sprinkle the remaining seeds on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Remove from the tin and wrap in a clean tea towel while cooling to keep the crust soft.