Yields: 8 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 15 Mins Total Time: 25 Mins
Recipe by Chef Neven Maguire.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F/gas mark 6).
- Place the sweet potatoes in a baking tin, drizzle over half the honey and roast for 25–30 minutes, until tender. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large pan over a medium heat.
- Add the onion, celery and chilli and sweat for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the reserved roasted sweet potato with the stock and tomato purée, then bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes, or until the liquid has slightly reduced and all of the vegetables are completely tender.
- Reserve 3–4 tablespoons of the coconut milk as a garnish and pour the remainder into the pan with most of the shredded ham hock, again holding a little back to garnish.
- Cook for another 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Season to taste and ladle the soup into warmed bowls.
- Add a drizzle of the reserved coconut milk and scatter over the rest of the shredded ham hock and the coriander leaves to garnish.
- Serve hot with crusty bread on the side.