Yields: 2 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 5 Mins Cook Time: 10 Mins Total Time: 15 Mins
Recipe by Chef Kwanghi Chan.
- Soak 3 dried shiitake mushrooms in hot water for 20 mins. Remove stems & cut the caps into ½ cm pieces.
- Heat wok over high heat and add half the oil.
- Fry spring onion and garlic for 30 secs & add mushroom, carrot, bamboo shoot & fry for 1 min.
- Add chicken thigh, peas, prawns, season with a little salt.
- Toss until the vegetable are softened & prawns barely cooked. Remove from wok & set aside.
- Return wok to the heat & add remaining oil. Add the egg & stir vigorously to break it apart.
- When egg is nearly set, add the rice & toss well to coat with the pieces of egg.
- Season generously with salt. Return the fried ingredients back to the wok and toss to mix well and serve.