Yields: 4 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 5 Mins Cook Time: 15 Mins Total Time: 20 Mins
Recipe by Home Bird Food.
- Heat the oil and butter over a medium heat in a large pan until melted.
- Add the onions and allow to sweat for 10 minutes until soft.
- Add the sugar and stir. Cook for a further 10-15 minutes until golden and caramelised. Stir continuously to prevent sticking.
- Pour in the beef stock and allow to simmer for a further 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop the baguette into thick slices, top with parmesan and grill until melted.
- Season the soup to taste.
- Pop the baguette on top and sprinkle with black pepper and parmesan. Enjoy!